The deadline for abstract submissions has now closed and the programme details will be announced shortly. Please see below for the themes suggested in the call for papers which will give you an indication of the different topics the conference will cover:
- Performing masculinity and male sexuality in and through ancient literature
- Literary representations of problematic male bodies
- Subversive representations of male archetypes e.g. solider, statesman, citizen, athlete, father, religious leader etc.
- Male authorship and the dynamics of gendered canonization
- Political loss and its effect upon collective and individual notions of masculinity
- The appropriation of female imagery and language by male writers
- Women performing masculinity in and through ancient literature
- The implications of literary manifestations of gender androgyny
- The role of men and masculine status in the New Testament and other early Christian writings
- Comparative analysis of any of the above themes within Greco-Roman and early Christian literature.
For further information about the conference please fill in the form on the Contact page and we'll get back to you shortly.